James V. Little, MD
Pathology & Laboratory Medicine
- Fellow, Oak Ridge Institution for Science Education
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
B.A (summa cum laude) Vanderbilt University
Nashville, Tennesse, 1977 - 1981
M.D. Vanderbilt University School of Medicine Nashville, Tennessee, 1981 - 1985
Residency Anatomic and Clinical Patholog University of New Mexico Hospitals Albuquerque, New Mexico, 1985 - 1989
- Quality Assurance Metrics Collaborative work with the CDC and the University of Pittsburgh Cooperative Agreement to assess efficacy, economic impact and patient care outcomes of frequently employed metrics in Quality Assurance in the anatomic and clinical laboratories.
My clinical focus is in surgical pathology and cytopathology at Emory Crawford Long Hospital. This includes an emphasis on bone and soft tissue pathology, breast pathology, and gynecologic oncology. I am also the Director of Pathology Services at Emory Johns Creek Hospital.
Honors / Awards:
- Chief Medical Officer Physician Recognition for Clinical Excellence, 1995
- Stowell-Orbison Award of Merit, International Academy of Pathology, 1988
- Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Society, 1984
- American Board of Pathology, Anatomic and Clinical
Selected/Most Recent Publications:
Published and Accepted Research Articles -
- M. Zapata, J. Little, A. Nassar, M. Lewis, S. Logani, and M. Siddiqui: Reflex Gomori methenamine silver staining for Pneumocystis jirovecii on bronchoalveolar lavage cytologic specimens: A Review. American Journal of Cytopathology, accepted for publication 2006.
- J. Mykytenko, S. Reddy, J. Lackey, J. Little, and P. Symbas: An unusual infection presenting as a chest wall mass. The Cardiothoracic Surgery Network, Dec 2005.
- J. Little, B. Griffith, S. Crago, L. Vogler, K. Foucar and C. Willman: Analysis of cytoplasmic mu expression by a novel molecular technique - practical and prognostic implications of a new subset of acute lymphoblastic leukemia. American Journal of Clinical Pathology, 97(6): 885-892, 1992.
- D. Krienitz and J. Little: How accelerated regulation will affect point-of-care testing. Medical Laboratory Observer, 23 (9S): 47-51, 1991.
- J. Little, K. Foucar, S. Crago and A. Horvath: Flow cytometric analysis of lymphoma and lymphoma-like disorders. Seminars in Diagnostic Pathology, 6: 37-54, 1989.
- J. Little, C. Carter, and D. Colley: Serologic responses to Schistosoma japonicum: Evaluation of total and parasite-specific immunoglobulins during the course of murine infection. Journal of Parasitology, 68 (4): 519-528, 1982.
Book Chapters -
- J. Little, M. Listrom, M. McKinley and C. Fenoglio-Preiser: "Tumor Immunodiagnosis" in Comprehensive textbook of Oncology, 2nd volume. Eds, A. Moosa, et al. Baltimore, Williams and Wilkins, 1991.
- T. Merlin and J. Little: The laboratory diagnosis of genital herpes. In Advances in Pathology, vol. 1, 1987.
Other Publications -
- J. Little, R. Phillips, M. Siddiqui, J. Sequeira, and C. Katzen: Reducing the morbidity and expense for diagnosis and staging of breast cancer. Morehouse School of Medicine Women Health Symposium, Atlanta, GA, May 12, 2006.
- J. Little, M. Listrom, M. McKinley and C. Fenoglio Preiser: Immunoreactivity of tumor-associated glycoprotein (TAG) in normal, hyperplastic and neoplastic colon. International Academy of Pathology, San Francisco, CA, March 6, 1989.
- J. Little, B. Griffith, K. Foucar, M. Porter, and C. Willman. Identification of bcr/abl gene rearrangements in juvenile Ph1-negative myelodysplasia, CML and monocytic leukemias. International Academy of Pathology, Washington, DC, March 1, 1988.
- D. Kerrigan, J. Little, K. Foucar, S. Crago and C. Willman. Phenotypic and genotypic analysis of a case of primary cutaneous lymphoblastic lymphoma. International Academy of Pathology, Washington, DC, March 1, 1988.