Krisztina Z Hanley, MD
Cytopathology, Gynecologic and Breast Pathology
Pathology & Laboratory Medicine
- Assistant Professor, Emory Clinic
- Medical Director of Macroscopy and Gross Rooms, Emory University Hospital and Emory University Hospital at Midtown
- Rotation Director, Gynecologic Pathology, Department of Pathology at Emory University Hospital
Email Address: email@example.com
Medical Doctor University of Pecs, Medical and Health Sciences Centre, Pecs, Hungary, 1995 - 2001
AP/CP residency University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, NY, 2003 - 2007
Cytopathology Fellow Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA, 2007 - 2008
Gynecologic Pathology Fellow University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA, 2008 - 2009
My primary research focus is on clinicopathologic study of gynecologic malignancies in young women. In addition I`m involved in the ongoing GOG studies within the Emory Health System and a smaller projects related to the role of HPV in cervical carcinogenesis.
My clinical service is divided between cytopathology (gynecologic and fine needle aspiration) and surgical pathology. My primary subspeciality interest and training is in gynecologic pathology. In addition I actively participate in the interdisciplinary gynecologic oncology and breast tumor boards.
Honors / Awards:
- Summa Cum Laude (University of Pecs Medical and Health Sciences Centre)., 2001
- American Board of Pathology - Anatomical and Clinical Pathology
- American Board of Pathology - Cytopathology
- Recertified in Anatomic, Clinical and Cytopathology
Selected/Most Recent Publications:
Published and Accepted Research Articles -
- Martinez AP, Cohen C, Hanley K and Li X: ER and CK5 are reliable markers to separate usual ductal hyperplasia from ADH and low grade DCIS. Archives of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine (accepted).
- Moreno CC, Sullivan PS, Kalb BT, Tipton RG, Hanley KZ, Kitajima HD, Dixon WT, Votaw JR, Oshinski JN, Mittal PK. Magnetic resonance imaging of rectal cancer: staging and restaging evaluation. Abdom Imaging. 2015 Oct;40(7):2613-29.
- Hanley KZ, Fadare O, Fisher KE, Atkins KA, Mosunjac MB: Clinical significance of positive pelvic washings in uterine serous papillary carcinoma confined to an endometrial polyp. Int. J. of Gynecol. Pathology (In press)
- Moreno CC, Sullivan PS, Kalb BT, Tipton RG, Hanley KZ, Kitajima HD, Dixon WT, Votaw JR, Oshinski JN, Mittal PK: Magnetic resonance imaging of rectal cancer: staging and restaging evaluation. Abdom Imaging. 2015 Mar 11.
- Hanley KZ, Oprea GI, Ormenisan C, Seydafkan S, Mosunjac MB: Atypical findings on cervicovaginal smear correlate with cervical involvement by Malignant Mixed Mullerian Tumors of the uterus. Acta Cytol. 2015 Oct;59(4):319-24.
- Fata CR, Seeley E, Du L, Shyr Y, Parkash V, Zheng W, Hecht J, Quick C, Jarboe E, Desouki MM, Gwin K, Hanley K, Liang SX, Caprioli R, Fadare O: Are Clear Cell Carcinomas of the Ovary and Endometrium Phenotypically Identical? A Proteomic Analysis. Hum Pathol. 2015 Oct;46(10):1427-36.
- Ciszak T, Mittal PK, Sullivan P, Cardona K, Hanley KZ, Khanna N, Moreno CC: MR imaging features of disseminated uterine leiomyosarcoma presenting 18 months after elective hysterectomy with morcellation. Abdom Imaging. 2015 Oct;40(7):2600-5
- Radzio J, Hanley KZ, Mitchell J, Ellis S, Deyounks F, Jenkins LT, Hanson D, Heneine W, Garcia-Lerma G.: Physiologic doses of the injectable contraceptive depot-medroxyprogesterone acetate do not increase acute plasma SHIV viremias or genital virus shedding in Pigtail Macaques. AIDS, 2014 Jun 19;28(10):1431-9.
- Dulaney CB, Hall WA, Mikell JL, Mittal P, Prabhu RS, Kooby DA, Hanley K, Sarmiento JM, Landry JC: The Influence of Time Interval Between Diagnostic Image Acquisition and Operative Date on Pathologic Tumor Size In Pancreatic Adenocarcinoma: Implications for Local Therapy. Journal of Biomedical Graphics and Computing. 2014 Vol. 4 No 2: 15-22.
- Radzio J, Hanley KZ, Mitchell J, Ellis S, Deyounks F, Jenkins LT, Hanson D, Heneine W, Garcia-Lerma G: Depot-medroxyprogesterone acetate does not reduce the prophylactic efficacy of emtricitabine and tenofovir disoproxil fumarate in macaques J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr. 2014 Sep 8.
- Fadare O, Desouki MM, Gwin K, Hanley KZ, Jarboe EA, Liang SX, Quick SM, Zheng W, Parkash V, Hecht JL: Frequent Expression of Napsin A in Clear Cell Carcinoma of the Endometrium: Potential Diagnostic Utility. Am J Surg Pathol. 2014 Feb;38(2):189-96.
- Swadley MJ, Deliu M, Mosunjac MB, Gunthel CJ, Nguyen ML, Hanley KZ: Primary and Secondary Hepatic Lymphomas Diagnosed by Image-Guided Fine Needle Aspiration: A Retrospective Study of Clinical and Cytomorphological Findings. Am J Clin Pathol. 2014 Jan; 141(1):119-27
- Ezhapilli SR, Moreno CC, Small WC, Hanley K, Kitajima HD, Mittal PK: Mesenteric masses: Approach to differential diagnosis at MRI with histopathologic correlation. J Magn Reson Imaging. 2014 Oct;40(4):753-69
- Fadare O, Parkash V, Gwin K, Hanley KZ, Jarboe EA, Liang SX, Quick CM, Zheng W, Rawish KR, Hecht JL, Desouki MM.:Utility of Alpha-methylacyl-CoA-racemase (p504s) Immunohistochemistry In Distinguishing Endometrial Clear Cell Carcinomas from Serous and Endometrioid Carcinomas Hum Pathol. 2013 Dec;44(12):2814-21
- Hall WA, Mikell JL, Mittal P, Colbert L, Prabhu RS, Kooby DA, Nickleach D, Hanley K, Sarmiento JM, Ali AN, Landry JC. Tumor Size on Abdominal MRI Versus Pathologic Specimen in Resected Pancreatic Adenocarcinoma: Implications for Radiation Treatment Planning. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2013 Jan 3
Other Publications -
- Hanley KZ: Rosen`s Breast Pathology (Book Review) American Journal of Surgical Pathology. 38(10):1450, October 2014.