Brian Quigley, MD
Pathology & Laboratory Medicine
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
BS Undergraduate: University of Missouri - Columbia, 2000 - 2004
MD Medical School: University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston, 2004 - 2008
AP/CP Residency: University of South Florida College of Medicine, 2008 - 2012
Fellowship: Emory University School of Medicine, 2012 - 2013
Honors / Awards:
- Golden Apple Award for Resident Teaching, 2013
- Chief Resident in Pathology, 2011-2012
- The Henry A. Azar Award for Scholarly and Exemplary Achievements in the Discipline of Pathology, 2011
- The Jeno Szakacs Award for Outstanding Research Presentation, 2011
- Gold Humanism Honor Society, 2011
- James McCall Family Scholarship, 2008
- Phi Kappa Phi, 2008
- Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society, 2007
- James M. Vaughn Competitive Academic Scholarship, 2004-2008
- F. Parker Gregg Competitive Academic Scholarship, 2004
- Phi Beta Kappa, 2004
- Graduated summa cum laude with Honors, 2004
Selected/Most Recent Publications:
Published and Accepted Research Articles -
- Mittal PK, Coursey C, Mittal A, Kalb B, Camacho JC, Kokabi N, Quigley BC, Small W. Primary Biliary Tract Malignancies: MRI Spectrum and Mimics with Histopathological Correlation. Abdom Imaging. 2014 Nov 22. [Epub ahead of print].
- Jain A, Sebastian K, Quigley B. Collagenous Sprue, an Enigma in the Spectrum of Celiac Disease. Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2014;12(1):e2-3.
- Peker D, Quigley B, Zhang L. Burkitt lymphoma arising from lymphoplasmacytic lymphoma following acquisition of C-MYC translocation and loss of the ETV6 tumor suppressor gene. Arch Pathol Lab Med. 2013;137(1):130-133.
- Moody McNab P, Quigley B, Glass FL, Jukic D. Composite Hemangioendothelioma and its Classification as a Low-Grade Angiosarcoma. Am J Dermatopathol. 2013;35(4):517-522.
- Maisoun Abdelbaqi, Rodney E Shackelford, Brian C Quigley, ArdeshirHakam: Concurrent Paget's disease and basal cell carcinoma of the vulva; a case report. Int J ClinExpPathol. 2012;5(6):592-595.
- Quigley B, Peker D, Zhang L. A composite small lymphocytic lymphoma and Hodgkin transformation presenting as acute appendicitis. Ann Hematol. 2012;91(5):801-802.
- McNab P, Quigley B, Mendoza T, Hakam A, Khalil F, Fishman M, Altiok S. The histogenic origin of melanoma arising in respiratory epithelium of a teratomatous germ cell tumor of the mediastinum: an enigma unraveled from an unlikely source. Int J Clin Exp Pathol. 2012;5(9):982-990.
- Quigley BC, Ricciuti J, Morgan MB. Amyloid light chain deposition associated with dermatofibroma: serendipity or association? Am J Dermatopathol. 2010;32(3):298-300.
- Riddle ND, Quigley BC, Browarsky I, Bui MM. Leiomyosarcoma arising in the pancreatic duct: a case report and review of current literature. Case Report Med. 2010:252364. Epub 2010 Jun 9.
Book Chapters -
- Brian Quigley M.D., Steve Ducker M.D., Farah Khalil M.D. Molecular Pathology and Diagnostics of Non-small Cell Lung Carcinoma. Molecular Pathology and Diagnostics of Cancer: Cancer Growth and Progression. 2014. Volume 16. Coppola D, ed. Springer. Pages 75-118.