David L Jaye, MD
Pathology & Laboratory Medicine
Assistant Professor, Emory University School of Medicine
Hematopathology Service, Emory University
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
B.A. University of California at San Diego, La Jolla, CA, - 1985
M.D., M.A. Washington University School of Medicine, St. Louis, MO, - 1991
Residency Anatomic Pathology, Washington University School of Medicine, - 1995
Residency Clinical Pathology, University of Alabama, Birmingham, School of Medicine, - 1997
Fellowship Hematopathology, Emory University School of Medicine, - 1998
- Inflammation/ Hematopathology I have 2 areas of ongoing investigation. One focus is a C-type lectin-family receptor (CD303) expressed uniquely on the surface of human plasmacytoid dendritic cells. Data suggest that this receptor impacts function of these cells in innate and adaptive immunity. We have developed unique biochemical tools to better understand the structure and function of CD303 including identification of natural binding targets whether of self or non-self origin. Specific efforts focus on identifying the specific counter-receptors on these targets and better characterizing the impact of receptor-ligand engagement. A second focus involves deciphering the role of the Bcl-6 interacting transcriptional co-repressor MTA3 and BCL6 in B cell lymphomas, work done in collaboration with Dr. P. Wade at NIEHS, and translating this knowledge into diagnostically useful tools.
I serve as an attending physician on the Hematopathology service at Emory University Hospital and as a consultant at Children's Healthcare of Atlanta. My clinical focus encompasses use of morphologic analysis, flow cytometric immunophenotyping, molecular diagnostic and fluorescence in situ hybridization/cytogenetics studies that are relevant to the subspecialty of hematopathology.
Honors / Awards:
- DOD Blood Cancer Review Panel, 2010
- Ad Hoc Reviewer, NCI SPORE study section, 2004
- Ad Hoc Reviewer, NIH/NCI IMAT study section, 2002-2003
- Avon Breast Cancer Crusade Scholar, 2001-2003
- CAP Foundation Scholars Award, 1999-2000
- Phi Beta Kappa, University of California at San Diego, La Jolla, CA, 1985
- American Board of Pathology, Anatomic and Clinical Pathology
- American Board of Pathology, Hematology
Selected/Most Recent Publications:
Published and Accepted Research Articles -
- Giver CR, Jaye DL, Waller EK, Kaufman JL, Lonial S. Rapid recovery from panobinostat (LBH589)-induced thrombocytopenia in mice involves a rebound effect of bone marrow megakaryocytes. Leukemia. In press, 2010.
- Lai AY, Fatemi M, Dhasarathy A, Malone C, Sobol SE, Geigerman C, Jaye DL, Mav D, Shah R, Li L, Wade PA. DNA methylation prevents CTCF-mediated silencing of the oncogene BCL6 in B cell lymphomas. The Journal of Experimental Medicine 2010; 207(9):1939-1950 PUBMED LINK.
- Kraus TS, Sillings CN, Saxe DF, Li SY, Jaye DL. The Role of CD11c Expression in the Diagnosis of Mantle Cell Lymphoma. American Journal of Clinical Pathology, 2010; 134 (2):271-277 PUBMED LINK."
- Akhtari M, Waller EK, Jaye DL, Lawson DH, Ibrahim R, Papadopoulos NE, Arellano ML: Neutropenia in a patient treated with ipilimumab (anti-CTLA-4 antibody), J Immunother 2009, 32:322-324
- Choi WWL, Weisenburger DD, Greiner TC, Piris MA, Banham AH, Delabie J, Braziel RM, Iqbal J, Lenz G, Vose JM, Hans CP, Fu K, Smith LM, Li M, Liu Z, Geng H, Gascoyne RD, Rosenwald A, Rimsza L, Campo E, Jaffe ES, Jaye DL, Staudt LM, Chan WC. A New Immunostain Algorithm Classifies Diffuse Large B-cell Lymphoma into Molecular Subtypes with High Accuracy. Clinical Cancer Research 2009; 15:5494-502
- Helbling Chadwick L, Chadwick BP, Jaye DL, Wade PA: The Mi-2/NuRD complex associates with pericentromeric heterochromatin during S phase in rapidly proliferating lymphoid cells, Chromosoma 2009, 118:445-457
- Karathanasis E, Geigerman CM, Parkos CA, Chan L, Bellamkonda RV, Jaye DL. Selective targeting of nanocarriers to neutrophils and monocytes. Annals of Biomedical Engineering. 2009; 37(10):1984
- Chauhan D, Singh AV, Brahmandam M, Carrasco R, Bandi M, Hideshima T, Bianchi G, Podar K, Ciccarelli B, Tai YT, Mitsiades C, Raje N, Jaye DL, Kumar SK, Lonial S, Richardson P, Munshi N, Anderson KC. Functional Interaction of Plasmacytoid Dendritic Cells with Multiple Myeloma Cells: A Novel Therapeutic Target. Cancer Cell, 2009; 16(4):309-323.
- Li JM, Southerland LT, Lu Y, Darlak KA, Giver CR, McMillin DW, Harris WAC, Jaye DL, Waller EK. Activation, Immune Polarization, and Graft-versus-Leukemia Activity of Donor T Cells Are Regulated by Specific Subsets of Donor Bone Marrow Antigen-Presenting Cells in Allogeneic Hemopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation. Journal of Immunology. 2009; 183 (12):7799-7809.
- Agarwal A, Jaye DL, Giegerman CM, Bellamkonda RV: Rational identification of a novel peptide for targeting nanocarriers to 9L glioma, J Biomed Mater Res A 2008, 87A:728-738
- Jaye DL, Iqbal J, Fujita N, Geigerman C, Li S, Karanam S, Fu K, Weisenberger DD, Chan WC, Moreno CS, Wade PA. The BCL6-associated transcriptional co-repressor, MTA3, is selectively expressed by germinal centre B cells and lymphomas of putative germinal centre derivation. J. Pathology 2007; 213:106-115.
- Hossain MS, Roback JD, Pollack BP, Jaye DL, Langston A, Waller EK. Chronic GvHD decreases anti-viral immune responses in allogeneic BMT. Blood 2007; 109: 4548-4556.
- Jaye DL, Geigerman CM, Herling M, Eastburn K, Waller EK, Jones DM. Expression of the plasmacytoid dendritic cell marker BDCA-2 supports a spectrum of maturation among CD4+ CD56+ hematodermic neoplasms. Modern Pathology 2006; 19:1555-622.
- Liu P, Ramachandran S, Seyed MA, Scharer CD, Laycock N, Dalton WB, Williams H, Karanam S, Datta MW, Jaye DL, Moreno CS. Sex-determining region y box 4 is a transforming oncogene in human prostate cancer cells. Cancer Research 2006; 66:4011-9.
- Frick C, Odermatt, A, Zen K, Mandell KJ, Edens H, Portmann R, Mazzucchelli L, Jaye DL, Parkos CA. Interaction of ICAM-1 with ¿2 integrin CD11c/CD18: Characterization of a peptide ligand that mimics a putative binding site on ICAM-1. European Journal of Immunology 2005; 35:3610-3621.
Book Chapters -
- Lonial S, Jaye D, Waller EK. Liver disease following bone marrow transplantation. In: Hepatology. 4th Edition, D. Zakim and T. Boyer, Eds., pp. 1699-1710, 2002 Orlando, Elsevier Science
- Frazier WA, Prater CA, Jaye D, Kosfeld M. Thrombospondins: Biological Functions for structural motifs. In: Thrombospondin. CRC Press, J. Lahav Ed. 1993, pp. 91-109.
- Webber S, Jaye D. The Effect of Biopterin and its Reduced Derivatives on Cultured Human Lymphocytes. In: Chemistry and Biology of the Pteridines. B.A. Cooper, V.M. Whitehead Eds., 1986 pp. 235-238
Other Publications -
- Jaye DL, Parkos CA. Neutrophil Migration across Intestinal Epithelium. Annals of the New York Academy of Sciences. 2000; 915; 151-159.
- Jaye DL, Waites KB. Clinical Applications of C-reactive Protein in Pediatrics. The Pediatric Infectious Disease Journal 1997; 16:735-747