Douglas C Parker, MD
Pathology & Laboratory Medicine
Assistant Professor Pathology and Dermatology, Emory Univeristy School of Medicine
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
D.D.S. University Of Missouri/Kansas City School of Dentistry, 1979 - 1983
Residency in Periodontology; Louisiana State Unversity School of Dentistry, 1989 - 1991
Residency in Oral and Maxillofacial Pthology; Emory Unversity School of Medicine, Division of Oral and Maxollofacial Pathology, 1992 - 1995
M.D. Emory Univeristy School of Medicine, 1995 - 1999
Felowship in Surgical Pathology, 2001 - 2002
Residency in Anatomic Pathology; Emory University, 1999 - 2002
Fellowship in Dermatopathology; Emory University School of Medicine, 2002 - 2003
- Melanocytic neoplasms, melanoma; unusual variants of melanoma including desmoplastic melanoma; sentinel lymph nodes in melanoma. My primary research focus is melanocytic neoplasms, with emphasis on unusual variants of melanocytic nevi and melanoma including desmoplastic melanoma. In addition, I am involved in clinical, histopathologic and immunohistochemical studies aimed at further delineating the role of sentinel lymph node biopsy in melanoma and melanocytic neoplasms of uncertain biologic potential.
My primary clinical duties involve the histopathologic interpretation and diagnosis of skin lesions at both Emory University Hospital and Grady Memorial Hospital. I also spend a portion of my clinical time involved in the diagnosis of surgical pathology specimens. In addition to diagnostic pathology responsibilities, I am extensively involved in the teaching of dermatology residents, pathology residents and medical students. I serve as assistant course director for the second year medical student pathology course.
Honors / Awards:
- Outstanding Teacher In Dermatology, 2005-2006
- Alpha Omega Alpha, 1995
- Anatomic Pathology American Board of Pathology
- Dermatopathology American Boards of Pathology and Dermatology
Selected/Most Recent Publications:
Published and Accepted Research Articles -
- Parker SRS, Parker DC, McCall CO. Eosinophilic folliculitis in human immunodeficiency virus infected women-a case series and review. American journal of Clinical dermatology
- Bhalla R, Tadros T, Parker DC. Salivary duct carcinoma metastatic to an inguinal lymph node. A case report of salivary duct carcinoma with distant metastasis diagnosed by fine needle aspiration. Diagnostic Cytopathology, 2005.
- Parker DC, Folpe AL, Bell JB, Oliva E, Young RH, Cohen C, Amin MB. Potential utility of uroplakin III, thrombomodulin, high moecular weight cytokeratin and cytokeratin 20 in non-invasive, invasive and metastatic (transitional cell) carcinomas. Am J Surg Pathol 27:1, 2003
- Parker DC, Solomon AR. Revised staging system for cutaneous melanoma: implications for pathologist and dermatopthologists. Adv Anat Pathol 10:238-240, 2003
- Muller S, Parker DC, Kapadia SB, Budnick SD, Barnes EL. Ameloblastic fibrosarcoma of the jaws. A clinicopathologic and DNA analysis of five cases and review of the literature with discussion of its relationship to ameloblastic fibroma. Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod 79:469, 1995
Book Chapters -
- Parker DC, et al. Dermatologic diseases of the male genitalia: malignant. Urology section, emedicine, 2006
- Parker DC, et al. Dermatologic diseases of the male genitalia: non-malignant. Urology section, emedicine.
- Parker DC, Howard AK, Solomon AR. Disorders of Cutaneous Appendages, chapter 10, in Textbook of Dermatopathology, Barnhill RL, Second edition, McGraw Hill 2004
- Parker DC, Howard AK, Solomon AR. Non-neoplastic Skin Diseases. chapter 1, in Diagnostic Surgical Pathology, S. Sternberg editor, fourth edition, Lippincott Williams and Wilkins 2004